This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Stores and Procurement Officer II - Central Receiving
Texas A&M University
Vet Med-Teaching Hospital
Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are
The Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (VMTH) includes the Small Animal Hospital http://vethospital.tamu.edu/small-animal-hospital and the Large Animal Hospital http://vethospital.tamu.edu/large-animal-hospital, both of which are dedicated to the total well-being and care of a pet throughout its lifetime. We work with great people, great clinicians, and great educators with a passion for animals and educating others that allows us to provide total care for animal patients while helping to train the next generation of veterinarians at the only veterinary teaching hospital in the state of Texas!
What we want
We are looking for a Stores and Procurement Officer II to join the Central Receiving department of our Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital! We need an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above and will promote teamwork and respect in the workplace and in all interactions with internal and external clientele. The Stores & Procurement Officer is a primary support position in the Central Receiving unit of the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital. This position assists with all areas of Central Receiving and conducts multiple duties related to shipment and receipt of hospital supplies in a hands-on manner. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If you enjoy working with diverse individuals and a variety of duties, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Work Schedule: Central Receiving is staffed all holidays except for Christmas Day & New Year's Day. Candidates must have availability to fill in from 8:00am to 5:00pm on holidays upon request.
Essential Personnel - This position is considered essential when the University declares an emergency, campus closure, class cancellations, etc., and are therefore required to report to work and remain on duty unless or until relieved by their direct supervisor.
Cover Letter/Resume': A cover letter and resume' are strongly recommended. You may upload these on the application under CV/Resume.
COVID-19 information:Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M's COVID-19 response, please visit the University's COVID-19 website. For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness' COVID-19 website.
As a Healthcare facility, The Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital COVID-19 guidelines may vary from those located on the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness' website
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years in stores and procurement work including experience in purchasing and/or inventory control
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
Other Requirements or Factors:
- Persons in this position are considered essential when the University declares an emergency, campus closure, class cancellations, etc., and are therefore required to report to work and remain on duty unless/until relieved by the direct supervisor
- Ability to push carts
- Physical ability to lift or move packages; occasionally heavy
- Ability to use simple tools
- Ability to work around warehouse dust
- Central Receiving is staffed all holidays except for Christmas Day & New Year's Day
- Requires availability to fill in from 8:00am to 5:00pm on holidays upon request
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Must be able to obtain State of Texas class C vehicle operator's license within 30 days of employment
- Willingness to receive training in hazmat/dangerous goods shipping regulations
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Willingness to receive training in the operation of a forklift
- Some computer experience (word processing, spreadsheet, email, etc.)
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Receive and Distribute Freight - Receives freight from Fed Ex, Airborne, UPS, Common Carriers, and other courier services. Records items received as mail , hospital (purchase orders), or Pharmacy. Identifies items by addressee (person or department), originating source, quantity per related shipment, purchase order number where applicable and date received. Cross-checks Hospital purchases against originating paperwork to assure accurate delivery. Photocopies accompanying packing list or other related papers is retained with the item for delivery verification and subsequent possible use by the ordering person or department. Routes original packing lists to the purchasing agent for matching with invoicing records. Sorts and delivers items received. Obtains signatures indicative of item delivery for each piece of freight handled by Central Receiving personnel.
- Receiving and Preparing Outgoing Shipments - Receives and prepares out-going shipments for handling by the U.S. Postal system, selected courier service companies, and common carrier. Performs shipping assignments based on originating department's/person's instructions. Arranges all shipments on same day received unless cleared with the originating party. Verifies and/or tracks shipments if requested. Initiates process for reimbursement if shipment is late or lost. Assures compliance with 49CFR/IATA Regulations for HazMat materials sent out. Assures out-going shipments have the required return labeling and are given to the courier driver. Maintains records of all shipments.
- General - Receives requests from service areas within the hospital to gather and quantities of supplies kept in warehouse and delivers the supplies to the proper service area. Assists Manager as needed in maintaining stock of departmental office/shipping supplies. Assists Central Receiving Manager as needed by acting as back up for VMTH Spare Keys duties. Routinely sweeps aisles and other open areas and dusts exposed work surfaces as necessary to maintain a clean work environment. Maintains orderliness of desk/work area. Answers telephone inquiries as related to the needs of the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital. Assists with moving desks, file cabinets, etc. as needed. Turns on lights and unlocks doors for days business by 8:00 am; turns off lights and locks doors at day's end by 5:00 pm. Maintains clean and organized surfaces of customer area and store supplies. Assists Central Receiving Manager in Emergency Evacuation duties as assigned.
- Courier Duties - Provides courier service to locations on campus or within the B-CS area in University vehicles. This may include such services as: Transporting payroll or other university papers between campus facilities. Transporting pharmacy items to/from local pharmacies or hospitals. Picks up items purchased on local VMTH purchase orders. Secures cash change for VMTH operational needs, etc. Provides chauffeur service for VMTH staff, students, or clients where business or circumstances dictate.
- DPC and Capital Assets Inventory - Provides backup support to the other positions in Central Receiving and assists with their duties as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Projects - Assists Central Receiving Manager in various projects as needed.
- Administrative and Medical Records - Stores and retrieves cases of administrative and medical records for VMTH as requested. Log's location into records location guide. Moves cases of records. Assembles supporting shelving as determined by manager.
- Management of Painting Collection - Assists as needed in the management, maintenance, and inventory of a 300+ collection of paintings (Noah's Art) housed within the Veterinary Medical Complex, Large Animal Hospital, and Research Tower. Occasionally interacts with Media Resources to ensure paintings are framed & labeled appropriately. Hangs paintings on walls as directed/requested.
- Back-Up/Other Duties - Provides backup support to the other positions in Central Receiving and assists with their duties as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.